Sunday, April 16, 2006

Spring a time for renewal

With Spring and Easter upon us I'm ready for the promise of renewal they both bring.

This past fall and winter has been one of the hardest I can remember, filled with the emotion of loss and death. No single event that we all don't have to deal with from time to time but a string of them that has put great stress on my family. No details here only to say that my kids, ages 4 and 6, have been to as many funerals this past year as I have in the 48 years before.

As evidenced in the previous paragraph I was feeling a bit gloomy so I took the time to feel that sense of spring and renewal and took these recent photos in my yard.







Yes, all is well and spring is here....

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
Anne Bradstreet, 'Meditations Divine and Moral,' 1655

4 comments:

bostonray said...

Everything seems to be better in the spring,being from Michigan,I look foward to the spring flowers also.Sorry to hear of your losses,I hope you also will renew with the warmer weather.
A cruiser sailor

Vigilis said...

Spring is exactly the time ti "take heart", LL.

bothenook said...

dafs are my favorite flower. this is the one time of year the wife buys me flowers rather than the other way around. nice pix. i think any bulb flowers in my neighborhood all rotted away with the damned nonstop rains

Lubber's Line said...

Thanks for the kind words shipmates, with the warmer whether its time to start the vegetable garden and maybe pick up a recipe or two over a Bo’s Blog .