Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Peek-a-boo


Peek-A-Boo (Source: US Navy)

Ok, I haven't posted anything in a few days. Two things have drawn me away from this blog, first I really don't post but once every two or three days and have been posting to the new submarine group blog Ultraquite No More.

Secondly is my job, or should I say soon to be lack of one! My company is going through a merger and their operations here in Rhode Island are being moved to Minnesota. I was offered a position in MN with some good tentative numbers for a relocation allowance, raise and bonus, but after a couple of weeks of thinking it over I declined the offer. I have too many ties to Rhode Island friends, family and none to Minneapolis, Minnesota except maybe that I have seen an episode of Mary Tyler Moore. Besides RI may be cold and damp in the winter but Minnesota, I don't own a snowmobile. Don't get me wrong Minneapolis is probably a great city but I've always lived within 10 minutes of the ocean and a lake no matter many or how big just aren't going to cut it.

Enough of the rambling, back to the resume. Thought - Maybe I'll see what sandcrab positions are available over at the Sub Base in New London.... Naaa think I'll wait on that one.

See Ya - LL

No comments: